The bracket is attached to each tooth using a type of resin cement, and the archwire is the metallic thread that passes through all brackets, which puts pressure on the teeth causing them to move slowly into the correct position. The archwires are connected to the brackets using elastic O-rings, which Dr. Morine will change in every visit. Some braces have brackets that don’t need elastic O-rings, and these are called self-ligating braces.
- Metal is very strong compared to other materials.
- Variety of colored elastic O-rings
- Faster results than other braces options
- Metal braces can treat the most complex cases.
- They are bonded to teeth and cannot be removed by the patient, making the treatment infallible.
HOW LONG WILL THE TREATMENT TAKE?
On average, it takes about 24 months to complete orthodontic treatment with traditional braces. There are patients that require less than 12 months, and patients that require more than 24 months, but the duration of treatment will depend on the severity of each case, patient’s age, and patient compliance.
HOW TO TAKE CARE OF TRADITIONAL BRACES?
- Brush your teeth regularly after each meal
- Floss once a day
- Rinse with mouthwash every day.
- Avoid eating hard foods and chewing sticky substances
- Visit your orthodontist regularly
Here at Bible Hill Family Dentistry, Dr. Morine will discuss the best brace option for you! We use the latest orthodontic technology and can create a unique treatment plan that meets your expectations and improves your oral health.